The God of the Bible and the Book of Mormon is all powerful and uses forces that scientific method may not understand or even be able to detect. The scriptures describe Him and His power.
- And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done. (1 Nephi 17:50.)
- For with God nothing shall be impossible. (Luke 1:37.)
- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:13.)
- I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7.)
- For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:9.)
- Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. (Psalms 145:3.)
- O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! (Romans 11:33.)
- Behold, great and marvelous are the works of the Lord. How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him; and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. (Jacob 4:8.)
For behold, the dust of the earth moveth hither and thither, to the dividing asunder, at the command of our great and everlasting God.
Yea, behold at his voice do the hills and the mountains tremble and quake.
And by the power of his voice they are broken up, and become smooth, yea, even like unto a valley.
Yea, by the power of his voice doth the whole earth shake;
Yea, by the power of his voice, do the foundations rock, even to the very center.
Yea, and if he say unto the earth--Move--it is moved.
Yea, if he say unto the earth--Thou shalt go back, that it lengthen out the day for many hours--it is done;
And thus, according to his word the earth goeth back, and it appeareth unto man that the sun standeth still; yea, and behold, this is so; for surely it is the earth that moveth and not the sun.
And behold, also, if he say unto the waters of the great deep--Be thou dried up--it is done.
Behold, if he say unto this mountain--Be thou raised up, and come over and fall upon that city, that it be buried up--behold it is done. (Helaman 12: 8-17.)