To judge truthfulness of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day based upon admittedly controversial verses from the Old Testament would be inadequate.
- It is unrealistic to expect that scriptures that have been transmitted through many generations would be pristine and perfect in their forms today. Many "plain and precious" parts have been lost from the Bible. Click here
- Paul explained that we walk by faith (2 Cor. 5:7) and God told Mormon: "I will try the faith of my people" (3 Nephi 26:11). Gratefully, worrying about the actual details of the story from Judges 19 should not be too problematic for most believers.
- Similar verses ostensibly describing Lot's behavior with his daughters and the men of Sodom was changed by Joseph Smith.
- The Prophet never finished his revision of the Bible and no changes were made in Judges 19.
- The CES Letter seems to lack accusations with substance and resorts to allegations over issues of minuscule importance.